Sunday, November 6, 2011

Baller Hauler project is finally back on deck!

You might remember this project that I started a while back for my buddy Christian. Basically chopping, extending and converting this old gas pipe Bianchi folder into a front load hauler type bike:

Not long after I had began this project I realized that I would really need to have my surface plate and alignment tools all together in order to properly complete the chop and extension (still owe you guys a snaps of that beast too)..

As you can see here, I was finally able to do so:


Sorry for the quick pic but you get the idea. Fucker is just shy of 9' from tire to tire! Super stoked to get some more work done on it soon..

The main reason I took on this project was for the various unique design and engineering challenges it's sure to provide. Aside from the initial chop and stretch, constructing the steering linkage should be interesting to say the least..

I'll keep you guys posted on the progress as I go along. Should get some more work done on her tomorrow so stay tuned!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Nice!
I had one of those frames but I couldn't get the parts I had to jell together and I sold the frame to a folding bike fan. I like what you are doing, were you inspired by the fixed gear gallery cargo bike build contest? There is a very similar project there.
http://fixedgeargallery.com/contest/grocerygetter/DavidMahan.htm

Alan Sikirić said...

Hey man yeah, I was totally inspired by that guys crazy ass converting folder. So rad! If you click the link to the previous post you'll see that I mention it.