Monday, January 10, 2011

I think I've got the bends..

..just about right on the first section of the jig I'm putting together for the 1.0 version of the new 40&1/2 cage:


I decided that having a nice bend at the top of the cage, instead of just a flat rectangular section like on the BETA version, would aid in keeping the neck of 40oz bottles and 1/2 gallon jugs (JUGZ!) centered. That and I've made the bottom rails wider to aid in stabilization. I think I'm also going to add a third H2O boss mount as well. How is this going to happen seeing as how all bikes only have 2 mounts? With one of these bad boys:


Can you say Zefal Gizmo clamp?

All it will require is a slightly shallower mounting bracket in order to do the job. I feel like with the extra weight the cage will carry, it couldn't hurt to have an extra mount. Which would be included with the cage..

Engineer types: If you think the two H2O bosses alone will do the job and last over time, please feel free to chime in since I tend to over engineer things..

If not, I kinda like the idea of people adding a third H2O boss to their frames instead of the Zefal mount. I'll probably offer this service to any local cats with beater frames..

Oh and check out what I found when I was looking for the snap of the acc. mount:


I could spend all day chasing that one down the block repeatedly smacking each butt cheek at the same time..

Anyways, since this is my first jig it was really tough getting things to work right and evenly but I think I've got it now. Next up is to get the rest going. Which I'm really not looking forward to since it's taken me a couple of days to get to this point :-/

Hopefully I'll have everything finished and be able to spread some testers around some time next week :-)

Share/Bookmark

No comments: