Wednesday, February 3, 2010

1988 Cannondale Black Lightning!

I picked this up from a cool local dude for $170. Not in the best of shape but with a little tune up it'll be awesome once more. I'm not a huge fan of Cannondales but I've always dug the Black Lightning. While this one doesn't fit me I had one not long ago that was beat to shit and missing a whole lotta parts. I sold it confident in the knowledge that I'd never find another to swap parts out. So, here I am once again regretting having sold something I shouldn't have YET AGAIN..


More info here..

Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Tom said...

is that massive dent in the chainstay just rear of the ring a factory design?
sure is badass, i dig the 'patina' of beat to shit equipment

Skware Weelz said...

That chainstay dent is a real bummer. I love the Clydesdales -- I have two that I stripped and murdered-out.

phil g. said...

Damn thats a good deal. I woulda snagged it too! What size is it?

marty mar said...

Man, those dropouts, why? I met a guy whose cantilevered dropouts on his c-dale broke right off!

Alan Sikirić said...

While I'm not sure of it's purpose, that is not an accidental dent on the chain stay. In fact, you can see the same deny on the larger one I had a while back. It's a 55cm frame too..

Unknown said...

definitely not a dent. all cannondales from this era had this chainstay kink to allow for what I assume is crank clearance? although my cranks have never come close to touching the frame.

Alan Sikirić said...

Thanks for the insight sucka!

Unknown said...

I have that same bike!
Mines in really good shape and I paid 300$ for it.
I just put some mavic wheels on it.
I'm not what else im going to do to it.
new handle bars and seats,see if i can find a brake upgrade and a newer derailer.