Sunday, January 3, 2010

Holy mother fucking christ the guys at Kimori have just SLAYED ME!

I just found out about this site via the NYC fixed board and these guys make some really amazing shit!

Road:


Cross:


Track:


How about pushing that gear? fuuuuck!

The accesories are what really killed me tho. Just for being very different and awesomely made!

Front brake adapter:


Fucking AWESOME rear brake adapter:


Ti cogs:


Then there's this lil number that allows you to convert road cassette hubs to fixed:



Best part is they claim you can toss up to three cogs on there! Granted it wouldn't make for the straightest chainline but still. So funny! Just wish their example photo was bigger:



I don't know about you guys but taking a rad road wheel and easily converting into a single sided double fix hub is pretty fuckin' cool! I'd like to get one of those for the Spinergy Rev-X rear wheel I've had sitting around forever..

Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

peterabbit said...

I'm guessing those adapters are for Shimano freehub only?

Alan Sikirić said...

Well, if I'm not mistaken it'll fit any freehub cassette wheel aside from Fulcrum. The campy/shimano part is removed completely thus resolving any issues of compatibility..

Anonymous said...

Innovative stuff! I know the goldish color is a result of their special coating process, but silver would look soooo much better. Different strokes for different folks, though.

The magnesium stem looks pretty cool too, especially if it does "dampen much of the fine vibrations, allowing the rider a more comfortable ride".

Unknown said...

surley make the fixer which i think an covert hubs like this one does

Jeff said...

You can convert a Spinergy Rev x (XT internals I believe) with a Surly Fixxer, if you'd prefer to do it on the cheap

Alan Sikirić said...

Oh I've seen the surly fixer before, I just like how this one allows for more than one cog..

TWOTONEATL said...

These guys were at NAHBS last year. Super nice. I aim to get some of the brake adapters this go 'round. See you there?

Alan Sikirić said...

Yeah man, that rear brake adapter fuckin kicks so much ass! But yeah, that shit is all of 10 hrs away so I don't see why I couldn't make it this year..

Crankee said...

Nice find! The factory is near Lake Biwa in Japan. Not far from where I live. I'm planning to take part in a charity cycling run around Lake Biwa in March. Think I might go a day early to visit the factory. Stoked!