Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nothing quite like riding for..

..CAR PARTS!

YES!! Mostly because the dudes at the place give you funny looks cause they don't actually know what a bicycle is for the most part..

Here is my route from home, to Napa Auto Parts, to work, to home -2.2 miles for PATH train usage..


If anyone can tell me what this is and exactly where it goes you win a prize! (Except for Lyle and Morgan):


I rode the Ciocc today since I knew there were going to be some gnarly hills. Man, having a triple is SO EASY!

Riding the Ciocc all day today most certainly rekindled my interest in road bikes again. Which of course bums me out about selling my two road bikes (1 and 2) in the first place. They were both soooo nice! Stupid track bike addiction..

I think with the Ciocc, despite being as nice as it is, I may let her go to someone else locally so I can start getting serious about putting together something more towards my liking. Otherwise my dumbass is going to toss some north roads bars on there or sumpin' yo. That and I still have the Cinelli which I have yet to do a thing to. Still debating tho. Damn thing really does ride like it just came off the show room floor! Just needs to be cleaned up and serviced.. If anyone's interested LOCALLY let me know. The frame is 57cm ctc ST and 56cm ctc TT. See the previous post for more specs. Five hundy minus the post takes her..

Share/Bookmark

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet its a seal on the inside of your header pipe. hmmm i actually have no idea.

The Shed Master said...

It's an exhaust gasket.

Alan Sikirić said...

CLOSE!

Yant said...

Valve seat from alloy engine head or bearing race from aheadset. Looks f#cked either way

Alan Sikirić said...

Aheadset! That's pretty funny but it's a 2.5 inch inner diameter..

Unknown said...

Catalytic converter gasket is my guess.
Never chimed in on the blog comments before, but I'm a loyal reader of your blog (ever since I found pictures of your sexy Hetchins tribute a couple years ago).

Erick

Unknown said...

well since it looks sort of insulative and not very precisely machined I'm assuming it still has to be in the exhaust realm of the vehicle. maybe farther down towards the catalytic converter? i give up after this...

imhousing said...

I sent you this same email but I might as well post anyway
------
2.5 in diam makes it not a race but a Exhaust Seal Ring right? it goes where the catalytic converter meets the muffler

-JMK

Anonymous said...

It should be a downpipe donut/gasket.

travis

Anonymous said...

Oh the down-pipe mounts to the back of a turbo, I forgot to be specific.

travis

Alan Sikirić said...

Holy christ I wasn't expecting anywhere near this many comments! You guys rule so hard for knowing your car shit!!

The exact answer is that it is an exhaust gasket/donut and is mounted between the flanges of the S-pipe and Cat.

Most of you were pretty close if not spot on. As far as I'm concerned, you all get a prize! Email me your addresses with 'Exhaust Gasket' in the subject line and I'll send ya'll some funny shit. Just don't hold your breath..

s said...

You sold that BJ?
Out of your mind.
Nothing better than a sweet BJ.