Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Alright you mofoz, help me find some more Dura Ace 10!


After enjoying the shit out of it on the Naggie, I'm down to set up the 3Rensho with it now. Aside from loving the ride enough to want another group, it also seems more 'period appropriate' for that particular frame. Which I normally wouldn't give two shits about but in this case I'm okay with making an exception..

I just got this NOS chain in the mail today:


While that one set me back a hundy, I did get another one in great used condition along with a small chunk of links and another 14T cog for $30! The great thing about having that extra chunk is that I'll be able to make my own chain whip. Unless of course I (or you) can find me one of these:


aaand one of these would also be nice:


What KILLS ME is that I just recently had the chance to aquire another set of hubs and a shitload of rings/cogs but I blew it. The auctions ended before I set the Naggie up. Had I known how much I would enjoy the ride and feel of the DA10 I would've been all over that shit! There's some NOS rings up there right now but they're a bit pricey. I'm in no rush so I'm going to hold out for a better deal. Paying a high price for a chain is one thing but the rings shouldn't be that much..

So keep an eye out! ESP FOR A 15T COG!!

I'll be sure to compensate you in some manner for your efforts..


Share/Bookmark

No comments: