Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vintage Dura Ace 10 MILLIMETER Pitch Track Group!

YYYESSSS!! I finally got the Dura Ace 10 group I mentioned winning on ebay recently! As you can see, I also received a suuuuper nice set of vintage Campy cranks with a minty fresh ALAN pantographed chainring. Both chainrings are 48T so I figured it would make for a really nice comparison shot to show the difference and supposed weight advantage that the DA10 group had over all the other standard weight/sized groups out there..


Daamn that chainring is insanely HOTT! It's got my name (literally) written all over it!!


This one actually makes for a great screen saver if you're that gay..


SO stoked! and soooo looking forward to mouting it on my new ______ frame and giving it a go. One of the great things about getting rare stuff like this that you've never actually seen in person, is actually handling it for the first time. It's almost odd to a certain degree. It's one thing to see photos of something over the years that you know to exists, it's another thing when it's in your possesion and you can take the time to appreciate all the details..

Wow there's something pathetically disturbing about that last sentence. Time to exit- stage left!

UPDATE: WHY the fuck didn't SOMEONE correct me on this?:

"It's 10mm pitch, not inches. the normal 1/2" pitch is 12.7mm"

It's kinda funny cause I was wondering about that info but was unable to locate it anywhere. Live and learn I guess.. Oh wait, I just had another look at the catalog photo I posted a while back and it says it right under the headline. Fucking retard..

Thanks iamameatpopsicle!


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

iamameatpopsicle said...

it's 10mm pitch, not inches. the normal 1/2" pitch is 12.7mm

Alan Sikirić said...

It's kinda funny cause I was wondering about that info but was unable to locate it anywhere. Live and learn I guess..

Anonymous said...

the alan chainring is very nice, still looking for it myself though..

Anonymous said...

Great 10mm set, I still race with mine, its usually a good attention grabber.

Forrest Harvey said...

Anyone need the chain?
I have a brand new one that I am not using

Alan Sikirić said...

Whoa really? Tell me more man! I'm interested: thetriplec@hotmail.com