Tuesday, June 2, 2009

There's no better way to be inbetween the trends..

..than to get your ass first in line for Bianchi's new Pista Via Brera tarck bike:


I say in between the trends because the whole dutch bike thing is really taking off. This new 'Pista' gives the kidz on craigslist trading in their IRO's etc they bought last summer for a dutch style cruiser another option. You get the clout of being able to tell people that you ride a tarck, but have the more lax riding position and classy looks of a cruiser- YOU CAN'T LOSE! until of course you show up on one and everyone totally calls you out on it.. By everyone I mean the real bike nerds that no one other than the bike nerds themselves like being friends with cause geez, they're so uptight about everything- like, what does it matter if you ride the wrong way down the street or if I'm 100psi below the recommended 120psi minimum..

Seriously though, all disses aside I will admit to this being by far one of the classiest looking stock tarcks out there right now (which isn't really saying that much if you think about it). I def agree with Prolly about the desperate need for a proper fork crown and would also like to add that the cranks need to suck a little less..

So I hope you're hearing this Bianchi! Oh and could you also do one more thing? Could you please, PLEASE flood the market with as many Pista Concepts as possible so all the retards who spent $750+ for their old beat up ones on ebay can see the error of their ways. I mean, it's getting so bad that people are willing to spend $405 dollars on used 2001 pista's- WHO THE FRAK ARE THESE PEOPLE ANYWAY????!!!!

I had one (photo tk) of those like 5 years ago and not only did it ride like a hunk of shit, but I had a hard enough time letting go of $300 on a COMPLETELY BUILT MINT one. Nevermind a frame with just a few rag tag parts.. UUUGGGGG!!!

AND..

While we're on the subject of Dutch cruisers, could someone please give me one good reason why I shouldn't put the Brooks gear on this fucking thing to better use?


I've seen it outside of my office almost everyday since the NY times article broke and I'm flabbergasted that it hasn't been fucked with yet..

Christ.. I don't even want to know how heavy that shit is..


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

A flat fork crown would look so legit..

Alan Sikirić said...

Right?! I think that's what's really killing it for me..

G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

Yeah man,flat fork crowns for life.Often,i see some really cool track bikes,then,the eye,falls on the sloping crown...end of the love...

libertyonbikes! said...

those bikes (the dutch bike) were getting liquidated my some chain in NE for $500! some half off sale,
things a beast - but worthy of it's parts!

START MAKING FRAMES! isn't Vicious Cycles selling itself? pick up some tools.

Alan Sikirić said...

$500 hundy with all the brooks gear def sounds like a deal! I def don't have a problem with the bikes themselves- just the usual trend hoppers as per usual.. As for the frame building, I'm picking up my first set of lugs and tubing from Nova supply this week! Probably turn into a nightmare once I get my hands on it but I figure I'd give it a shot for fun and experimentation..

Anonymous said...

But... but...
Has anyone ever tried to ride one of those Dutch bikes?!
'orrible!
I lived in Rotterdam for a little while and one day this sketchy dude comes up to me and asks if I want to buy his bike. He tells me (the equivalent of) $12. I'm broke and dying to ride a bike so I fork over the dough.
I then proceeded to ride that goddamned torture device all over southern Holland for the next six months. It's all I had. It's all I could afford. That thing weighed more than I did.
The FIRST thing I did when I got home was to ride a REAL bike. One that goes fast and doesn't creak and rattle.
You know why these heaps are popular in Holland? BECAUSE THERE AREN'T ANY GADDAM HILLS THERE! Heaven help anyone who has to ride up a grade of more than, like, 1.6%.

Anyway...