Monday, June 15, 2009

I've got nuthin'..

..for you mofos today. Working on stuff.. But nothing worth showing off yet. Such a bummer! This weekend was a bit of a bummer too other than the fact that I was able to work on redoing my place. I spent Saturday reorganizing and ripping out all the old heating vents that were an insufferable source of dust having being disconnected YEARS ago.

My buddy Luis was AWESOME enough to give me his old super suede couch upon moving into his new place a couple of weeks ago. Fucking couch is wwwwwicked! He said he paid like $5k for it 10 years ago and aside from a little normal wear here and there it's perfect. I'd been admiring the couch for as long as I've known him so I'm really excited to be able to adorne it with my naked bodice now and again in the privacy of my own home..

I only mention the couch because I thought for those of you in need of some lathe action would be interested in how I cleaned up the feet of said couch:


It's funny cause you'd think Stainless steel wouldn't look so dull and tarnish like that. Anyways, the key is to mount a power drill in a vise and lock it into the on position. After that I just tightened the chuck down onto the threaded bolts and applied even pressure with a course sand paper followed but a finer one to bring it to a smoother shine. I would have made something more elaborate so as not to damage the threads but in this case that wasn't an issue..

Back to more interesting cycling related things soon tho I promise! Once I've gotten sick of looking at rad 60's mod funiture anyways..


Share/Bookmark

No comments: