Tuesday, December 23, 2008

OT: Shooting and shooting- Canon 5D Mark II hath arrived!!!

After the loooong wait I've finally gotten my filthy mitts on the illustrious and highly anticipated Canon 5D Mark II DSLR camera!!!


To those of you who didn't pre-order one of these tasty bastards the instant it was released: Have fun trying to get one now ssssssSUCKERZ!!!

I also got a nice little 50mm 1.4 lens..


..along with the also extremely sexy 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM zoom lens and vertical grip..



I swear that if I didn't already have a more than sufficient member I would def admit to this being my compensating for something I was lacking in. Thankfully.. that's not the case here. It's just BEYOND fucking rrrrRAD!

I already have the 24mm f1.4 lens and am planning on getting the new upgraded version of the 35mm f1.4 that's rumored to be released soon...

Despite owning the previous 5D Mark I it's going to take me a while to get used to this fucking thing. Not to mention the nightmarishly vast sum of knowledge I'll have to ingest when it comes to the RAW file conversion software and other wonderful post production tid bits...

My first day out with it was a nice day I spent with my pal Jessica at the shooting range- dark and shitty light? Perfect!


Shot at 1/80th, f2.2, ISO 6400

Shot at 1/25th, f2.0, ISO 640

As you can see I spent next to no time working on these otherwise they might look a tad bit better. Still fun though..

Also shot a little video which is scarily sharp despite the slightly annoying fact that it's manual focus only:


I really don't know what I'm thinking by uploading this next one seeing as how fucking hideous I look in the most unflattering light ever. But.. I figure I've got to follow up that 'member' comment with something slightly more horrendous...


Note to self: Grow facial hair back STAT..

Aside from the video being sick looking it's also one of two DSLRs out there right now with 25,000 ISO capability. Granted there's a SHIT TON of noise going on but as you can see, you can totally shoot hand held photos of people jumping at night and freeze them in mid air perfectly..



Shot at 1/250th, f1.4, ISO 25,000

Here's another one of Tommy in his glory hole room of photographic masterbation:


Shot at 1/80th, f1.4, ISO 800

Anyways, I'm going to be in testing mode for a while so don't expect any prize winners until I get my shit together. I know for a fact that this camera is capable of WAY more than what my dumbass has shown here so far...

ADDITION:

Check out this RAD photo Tom took of me with one of the targets from this day:


More from Tom on his blugblugblug!


Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

mary poppins said...

love this post!

Zach Bossington said...

grow back that stache.

CyclingWMD said...

^ Thanks for adding to my ever expanding vain self consciousness!

ant1 said...

Can you post more pictures of Jessica shooting guns? Don't get me wrong, I love the bike stuff, but it's not the only thing I appreciate.

G.S.GUCCILIFE said...

Stache please!lol!I want one of those targets,where can i get one?

CyclingWMD said...

ant1: Unfortunately I don't have any more of her shooting. Hopefully we'll go again so you can scope out some more. Lord knows I'd dig it too!

G.S.GUCCILIFE: You can get em at the place I went to. It's called: 'The Firing Line'. It's all of 25 min from NY in Pearl River NYS. Kinda expensive and creepy but def fun for kicks! and posters too, hehe..

Anonymous_Agent said...

TOP TEN! ehhh...

Andrew said...

Was the video of the chika shot with the zoom lens? It almost appears as though the video applet is zooming in on a portion of the video, but the depth of field would lead me to believe it's the zoom lens.

P.S. Would like to see some shots with the zoom lens!

CyclingWMD said...

oops, sorry I didn't reply sooner- I totally spaced! Anyways yes, the video of Jessica shooting was shot with the 70-200mm lens at 70mm. I will be posting some rad photos I shot hand held at night with it shortly- stay tuned!