Sunday, November 30, 2008

Remember those Dura Ace Track cranks from the pre-previous post?

yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!


oooooo, I know this one's gotta sting the majority of you wankers- mwahahaha!

But what-the-fuck-ever, they were used and not super pretty. I decided to toss em on on my Concept when I was swapping out the Phil BB for a Miche. NOTE: Steel BB rings aren't exactly the best idea for aluminum BB's. I actually knew that before I put em in there but since I'm slightly retarded I did it anyway..

I'm pretty psyched about the cranks cause they weight 230 grams less than the Andels. Also because I know it'll annoy people to know that I rattlecanned dem bitches up!

Update: If you think that hurts, check this shit out:


Bike Repair from Stegnco on Vimeo.

Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That clip belongs in the cycling video hall of fame. The best part is the plot twist, having you assume they even know how to bar spin, such that the "repair" would even be required! Priceless.

nick said...

painting: im fine with that.
not masking the goddamn pedal threads/puller threads: cmon.

have fun cleaning that out.

Alan Sikirić said...

^ Nick, I totally hear ya man. Thing is, it's more trouble than it's worth and works just fine despite having a little paint in there. Also, if you sneezed hard enough on em the paint would come right off. Most importantly, I JUST DON'T CARE! :)

nick said...

fair enough.

im a baby, ok?

=]

Anonymous said...

nicely done, but THIS is the way to do a black crankset

http://i3.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/21/69/6384_35.JPG

Alan Sikirić said...

^ This may be true but there's nothing like a 5 min super flat black matte spray paint job to bring forth the dark beast within!