Sunday, November 30, 2008

I can't even begin to describe how much it WOUNDED me to let this one go...

I mean, come on, not only does it have a pavement licking front 24" wheel but a REAR 24" as well? How fucking sick is that?!


I really, really wanted to get this thing and mount some long monkey bars on it with a banana seat- KRATE TARCK BIKE!!! Alas.. I did not...

BUT.. I did however get a couple of awesome deals on some very good condition Paul/DT/DeepV/Gatorskin/EA wheelset and used Dura Ace cranks for all of four hundy! Local buy too so zero shipping $$$

A piece of advice to those of you on the bay: NEVER sell anything and have it end on major holiday when people aren't either at work, or traveling to see family etc.. Also, if you're a loser like me and have the time to spend looking around on ebay that day, sort your searches by 'ending soonest'. Chances are you can get some good deals on stuff due to the slight drop in activity...

Well, as you can imagine it was a 'productive' morning. Satisfied with my purchases, I went about my business. I eventually headed over to see the fam and gorge myself with yummy 'Thanks for giving us your friendship before we eventually decimate you race once we don't need you anymore day' food. After which I spent the next couple of hours wanting to sleep, barf and drop a deuce all at the same time. Instead I made yet another creepy self portrait to add to my collection...

Lyle came over the next day and after a brief visit to Home Depot for some supplies, got back to work on his new tall bike:


I don't know about you but looking at that sort of shit melts my fuckin' brain. Pretty bitchin' though right? Def the only time I think anyone's ever done a detailed CAD drawings for a fucking tall bike!

More info on his build here...

Just to give you an idea of what level I'm working at in comparison:


Yep.. Not feeling slightly retarded or anything..

Anyways, just a sneak peak at the original sketch. It's def looking a lot different now...

More to come!

Share/Bookmark

No comments: