Friday, February 8, 2008

DKNY's ad campaign can eat my ass: An NYC cycling blogger's rant...

So I'm sure lots of you have been hearing about the whole DKNY bike campaign thing. Well, I'm still not really sure why they felt the need to copy the whole ghost bike look with what I consider to be my LEAST favorite type of bike out there. Hello Kitty type cruisers (please insert the most un PC derogatory comment you can think of here). I've been watching this one slowly decompose on this already narrow stretch of sidewalk on my way to work. I mean, it's bad enough I have to deal with retouching shit like this all day long...

I know, I know, I'm sure some of you are thinking: But it's a good thing to get people on bikes and help support the cycling community, going green, etc, etc.. Well, here's the thing. Those new type of bikes are for lazy people more concerned with being cutsy and or comfy than actually riding. Riding a bicycle isn't supposed to be as cute and comfy as your fucking blanky and favorite stuffed animal (unless you're touring, minus the stuffed animal). That's all we need. A bunch of lazy fucktards riding around with bars three feet wide with NO HELMET on. Wondering why you're cursing them out for nearly getting you killed while riding the wrong way in the bicycle lane on a busy avenue. Yes, this has happened to me on more than one occasion. So trust me, we don't need or want those type of people on our side...

Now if we could get those same lazy people on say, one of the three billion Schwinn cruiser's built in the last 30+ years. How's that for green? Recycling- Heard of it lately?? Seriously, go buy a fucking used bike and throw some Hello Kitty stickers on there or some shit if you really feel the need to announce to the world just how much of a tween sissy wannabe you really are...

Oh yeah, one last thing: Hey DKNY, thanks for the effort but could you please get your fucking trash out of my way before someone decides to piss AND shit on it. Then end up hanging it in a gallery and calling it art...
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

El Duke said...

I couldn't agree with you more, Mr. CWMD.

Take care,

El Duke