Monday, September 10, 2007

Philly Trip - Via Bicycle!

I don't really know where to start with describing Via Bicycle other than: 'It's a total trip maaann' As stupid as that sounds anybody who's been will know exactly what I'm talking about. If anything it's more like a trip through time. There is MIND BLOWING amount of cycling history contained within it's walls. WAY more than I've seen anywhere else combine. I've been to a lot of really good shops, but this one definitely takes the cake for their HUGE stock of vintage and used gear...


The shop is unmissable due to the hundred or so used bikes that are put out daily...


I had my eye on this killer Schwinn tandem single speeder...


Awesome old school cargo bike...


This thing was reeeedonkulous! Curtis (the proprietor) had recently had this Penny Farthing rennovated to like new condition. It was so sweet! I'd KILL for one of these...





Curtis also told me that this second Bone shaker was his 'beater'. "You know, something I can ride around when I need to go to the bank or something"...


So many bikes!


There's a couple of Sheriff Star hubs mixed in there somewhere...


Awesome drawers...


Need some wheels?


This is got to be the only bike shop with library style ladders in it...


Can you say forks?


Bars maybe?


My favorite part about this shop is that there is just so much shit EVERYWHERE. It seems like no matter where you stand you're in somebody's way or knocking something over. I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!


Vintage Hozan wheel building tool...


The upstairs in VB is for lack of a better word: GNARLY. Unfortunately it was too crowded with bikes up there for me to scope out this time. Hopefully next time there'll be enough room for me to squeeze around and photograph in...


A really neat super old Swiss Army bike...


Joel led me towards the back of the shop to show me a few other really cool bikes...



still following...


Whoooooa, a newly renovated Jack Taylor roadie. Fucking Sweet!!!


Another side room...


I quite literally could spend weeks going through this place with a fine tooth comb photographing and drooling at all the goodies they have here. I'll def have to do another entry about it in the future. Until then, scope them out on the web...

Share/Bookmark

No comments: